Monday, March 18, 2013

The moment

Right now my project is to stay in the moment. If I can be really present in whatever I'm doing, I feel better. Less guilty. Less s screens and more playing. Little Monster does this tricky thing where she gets very restless in bed and makes you think she's going to wake up, but if left alone, she'll go on sleeping, sometimes for another hour. It's a good reminder to me not to worry so much about when she does wake up, to just deal with this moment and wait until she actually needs something. That way the rest of my life gets a bit more attention.

And for now we're just trying to make the most of the moments we have. Hopefully Little Monster keeps up her sleep schedule and the Kid starts going to bed at a reasonable time (please oh please oh please just SLEEP) so we all stay well and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment